Friday, August 26, 2011

Quality Father Time

This week has been hard on my patience since every night after work my husband has had something going on that has taken him back out of the house in the evening. 
Whether it was back to work for something, a church meeting, or another meeting, he has been able to come home to eat dinner but then has had to leave fairly soon after.  A few nights have been quick meetings but one lasted until after the boys were in bed.
I know that after dinner is usually when I get some time to myself because the kids are playing with dad, even if it only lasts 15 minutes before one of them are back trying to see/help me with what I am doing. 
I try and be supportive but I did finally make a comment last night about him being gone for another night.

I guess that is why the average quality time a father spends with his children is only 30 seconds a day!  This is a true statistic that my husband heard/read about while at work.  To me that is sad.  I can see how it is so little because many fathers don't see their kids everyday, but considering how many fathers now stay at home I would think/hope it would be more.  I am VERY glad that my husband spends much more then that with his kids.  I can tell that not only do I need the 'longer then 30 seconds' father time, but the boys do too.  There is something he can give them that I can't.

My oldest has kind of grown out of it, but my middle child is right at the age that when dad comes home, he stops what he is doing to run over and greet dad, repeating daddy the whole way there.  It is very cute and I don't know any dad that wouldn't love such a warm greeting.

Thankfully it is Friday and we have plans for tonight that will not take my husband away!  We need our quality father time in this house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment