Thursday, August 18, 2011

8 Weeks

I have somewhere around eight weeks left until my baby comes.  There are times when I am ready to have my normal energy and comfortable insides back!  This one is a mover!!  But then I think about having to balance one more person and I tell myself I can wait.  I have always felt they are much easier to take care of on the inside.
I am also not ready to start the few interrupted hours of sleep a night...guess it's is a good thing I have 8 weeks left.  It is funny (in the interesting way) that somehow we do such crazy things (sleep deprive, labor/delivery, intentionally allow something to grow inside us that beats us up, etc) and then repeat them.  Interesting that somehow we manage to get through the tough times and then forget about them (for the most part).  I know that much of the hard parts will be done with prayer and holding to the fact "this too shall pass"...until the next time! 
I am excited to see what this one will look like, what color of hair, will she look like either of the other kids.  They both look like their dad despite the different hair color.  Maybe this one will look like me?  Who knows really!?!
I know that I am in for a whole new learning process, which I will admit sometimes scares me...greatly!  Not only with a new gender, but a whole new season of starting life (ie fall vs spring).  I want to remain laid back and not stress, but I wonder will I.  With this one coming at the start of the RSV and the flu season, rather then the end like the others, it already has me wondering how I can still go out and be active but protect her.  I really enjoyed taking walks with my newborns, having them cuddled close to me, being able to breathe fresh air.  But when it is getting warm rather then getting cold you can do that.  So what will be my break from the house?  All these things that go through my head.  Some trivial, and some genuine things to stop and actually ponder.
I guess in due time I will learn the answers to many of my wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment