Sunday, May 1, 2011

A third!?!

So this is a blog of emotion...written back when I first found out I was pregnant with baby number three. 

When the test said 'positive' I went through a whirlwind of emotion within 24 hours.  There was initial excitement, followed by shock and disbelief, then the thought of one more kid running around worried me...could I handle another?  I have heard that three is the hardest. 

Going from one to two was not a problem, or better put, not a major transition.  I still felt like I could manage the things that I needed to and felt balanced without feeling crazy.  Yes, there were/are hard days but I still feel like I was on top of most things.

Eventually I found myself back to level emotion, not swaying to far on the emotion scale and balancing in the middle where everything is right there but nothing blown out of proportion.

Since that moment, thoughts and the wonderments continue to flow, especially at the times I seem to be trying to fall asleep at night!  Can I handle three?  What will get neglected; the house, the laundry, the workout regimin...something has to give...doesn't it?  Will it be another highly active child or one a little more mellow?  A boy? A girl? Who knows. 

I know that nothing can prepare me for the third more then having the third here.  The months of gestation will help.  Advice and helpful tips will also play a role.

I am excited because I knew with my second that it was not the last baby to join our family, that impression came the first night in the hospital only hours after delivering baby number two.  I know that I am in for challenging moments and a large learning curve.  But how lucky our family will be to have another member, and how lucky I am to be a mother to another special spirit.  I will continue to find the greatest work I can do in my home will begin and end with me on my knees!

No comments:

Post a Comment