Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Terrible Two's

Why is it that two year olds have to make things so difficult.  i.e. :
"Let's get dressed (as he is jumping and running around the room)...come here and get dressed (lying and rolling on the floor this time)...come now or i will not help you (still on the floor)..."  So I put the clothes on the floor and then it becomes a crying battle;
"Mommy help me" as he picks up the clothes and follows me to the kitchen. 
"No, you need to do it yourself now...I asked you to come and you wouldn't so now you need to try"  More crying and more tantrum;
"NO Mommy, YOU help me"
"Okay I will help you if you don't fight me anymore". One piece of clothes on and he starts jumping around again. ARGH!  Is my two year old winning this battle?

The sad thing is that terrible two is followed by terrifying three!

No comments:

Post a Comment