Monday, January 24, 2011

Murder in a small town

Last Friday a 14 year old girl went missing and come Saturday and 18 year old boy had turned himself in after they found her body Friday evening.  He has not been charged and they are not releasing much information at this point, but I find myself wanting that information.  I am not usually a 'rubber-necker" but seeing how it has been somewhere around 20 years since the last murder in our town, it isn't a common thing and I want to know, "what went wrong in a small town?"
Was is drugs? Was it another out raged teen? (seeing how one in a larger town a raged teen open fired on his high school administration killing the Principal and himself.) Was it a sex crime?  Whatever it was it was, my heart feels for the family of that girl.  To have her life ended before it really began (I can say that because I am over twice her age!).  Not to mention the family of the boy.  They will always love their son and now they will have to live with what he has done also.
I am very grateful for my faith and my knowledge that my family is Eternal.  I hope that I can keep my family strong in faith and raise my kids to stay close to the Savior...even in a small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment