Sunday, January 29, 2012

A New Chapter

Today my husband was called as the Branch President.  It is a bitter-sweet thing.  As with most aspects of the gospel- with responsibility come blessings.  I am not sure what trials it will bring into our life/marriage/family, but I do know that the Lord will be there for us and to help us.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's church.  It is a perfect gospel full of imperfect people.  I am glad that I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life through family members and friends.  It is interesting to reflect back on the past and see the changes that have come.  I keep thinking of my friend who is the wife of a Bishop and a story she has about someone telling her that "a Bishop's wife shouldn't dance like that" when she was out having fun (and knowing her it was just being silly, no risque moves or anything like that) during a stake activity.  I don't want to wonder if people are judging the gospel or the quality of priesthood leader my husband is by things I do.  I know they will.  I hope it won't offend or negatively influence them.
The Stake President gave us some counsel when he issued the call and the 2 things that stuck the most was:
1-it will be like living in a glass house
2- Satan will try hard to influence us because if he can get us to do something wrong, he can potentially 'spiritually hurt' our branch. (not quite how he put it but that is because I am not a eloquent writer or thinker, especially when I am tired :)

So, here goes the new chapter of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment